Residential Solar Design & Construction
Reduce your family’s energy bills & greenhouse gas emissions while investing in your own home. Enjoy the freedom of generating your own electricity. With over 30 years of experience in the field, our team has installed hundreds of residential solar electric systems. The majority of these installations are net metered, feeding power to the grid and offsetting a portion of the power needs of the home.
Energy Design utilizes aluminum racking components from Ironridge, Sunmodo, S-5! and Sunpower’s proprietary Invisimount system. Recognizing we are offering a permanent fixture for your roof, we select quality components that will stand the test of time.
When approaching a site, we look for these factors during our assessment:
- What are your current energy needs?
- Where can we help you save money through energy efficiency?
- Do you have roof-space with Southern exposure and minimal shading impacts?
- Is the roofing material and truss/rafter system designed to accommodate the additional weight of a solar array?
- If not, do you have available land for a ground mounted array?
- What tax credits and utility incentives are available to you for an installation?
- What will the initial cost of the project be?